John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I attempted to turn my U-line refrigerator/ice maker off

Customer Question

I attempted to turn my U-line refrigerator/ice maker off before I went to Florida for the winter. Now it is cooling just fine but not producing ice. I think I hear the ice maker working but there is no water flowing into it. What might I have done to turn the water off?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Model C02175FF bought in 2008
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. In 2013, I paid almost $500 for a new fill valve and I/m assembly.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Did you just turn off the water to the unit or did you turn it off by the switch or unplugging it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We didn't turn off the water to the U-Line but turned the refrigerator off and turned off all the water in the house while we were gone.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I see in the operating manual that there is a way to turn the icemaker only off. I have tried that series of moves to see if perhaps that's the problem, but I don't get a readout on the controls indicating the icemaker is off.

If the refrigerator was indeed off, then most likely you have a problem with the water valve where is connects to the house water supply.

Let me check for some additional info that may help you out with checking the valve.

It looks like this is regular ice maker that make half moon cubes, like most refrigerators.

Is that the type of icemaker inside your unit?

If so, can you pop the plastic cover off the ice maker?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
half moon cubes. I popped the front cover off the icemaker.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was called out of town unexpectedly. May I contact you again in a week?

Sure thing, just come back and when I am online, I will be notified and get to you as quick as I can. I am usually online after7pm central time.