Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

How do I remove qnd replace the bearing on the bottom of the

Customer Question

Hi, How do I remove qnd replace the bearing on the bottom of the tub?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 15 minutes. it is a Maytag washer, Mod MVWB850YWI
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased it 7/13
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, It is now apart except for the bearing that has failed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at this time....unless I can't get the bearing out, then I'll need a service tech to come finish the job.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

To remove the bearing you will need a special tool designed for that washer its part number W10447783 and can be ordered from repair clinic - click here

Here is a video that shows how to complete the bearing removal on a cabrio which is the same as yours even though its a maytag name brand - click here for video

If there is nothing else I can help you with at thist time please take a second to rate my service by clicking on the 5th star to the right at the top of your page. The money you paid went to the site not me, in order for me to get compensated for helping you today you must rate the answer. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge even after you have rated my service if you still need assistance.

Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.