Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer, model # LHW0050Pq won't unlock. We have to use a

Customer Question

My washer, model # LHW0050Pq won't unlock. We have to use a screwdriver to "pop" the lever. Can you advise what part we need and how to order it?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Does this # help? ***********010477008-01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My husband will do it. We are in the Dominican Republic. We can have the part shipped to our house in NY, and then bring it here on our next trip.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that's it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If the door won't unlock on it's own, this could be a bad door latch assembly, a faulty control board, or the washer isn't draining. If you open the door manually and the tub is still full of water, you'd need to check the drain catch below the washer to make sure it's not clogged. If it's clear, then replace the drain pump.

Now if you open the door and there isn't water inside, I'd replace the latch first because the main control board is very expensive and it's by far the more likely cause if the washer is draining and just not unlocking. The latch assembly is part number WPW10189551.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?