John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just talked to someone from GE chat line this morning

Customer Question

I just talked to someone from GE chat line this morning don't know what to do. I just got a new GE utilized washer/dryer. I complained how noisy it is and it shakes. My old one different make was not this noisy. I checked to make sure the shipping rod was removed it was. I was just reading all the coments about GE product and lot are saying the same thing I am. What could a repair man do. This is only a few days old and I don't know what will happen when a year old. I live in a condo upstairs and cannot have the noise when I am washing. Model #GUD24ESSJOWW - I will not pay for someone to come out and check it out. What should I do I am not satisfied I don't have alot I am retired and am trying to be trifty
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I was delivered on Friday afternoon. I called on Sunday you were closed. Ta; talked to someone yesterday and today. They said I would have to pay
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: what work the dryer is very noisy when spinning I am not responsible it being a couple of days old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just why is it so noisy when it is spinning and shakes a little the is brand new I would think this would have improved
Category: Appliance
Expert:  McgiverSR replied 4 months ago.

Hello, sorry to hear about your new washer not performing to your expectations,G E carries a full year parts and labor, not only that i know for a fact that they will go above and beyond the warranty to ensure your satisfaction, if you call their customer service there will be no service charge,knowing this i would suggest to have them come out and check it and if you are still not satisfied voice your concerns and make them exchange them or refund your money, again i will tell you all new consumer products come with a full year parts and labor