Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore elite dishwasher beeps intermittently and I can't

Customer Question

My kenmore elite dishwasher beeps intermittently and I can't get it to stop. The beeping is intermittent not every 30 seconds . Just random beeping sounds. I tried cutting off power from the main circut breaker but that hasn't solved the problem. The main panel was replaced about a year ago ( it was under warrantee at the time ) We like the dishwasher but this constant electrical issue is getting to be intolerable . Your help is greatly appreciated
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased approx 2 years ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it was purchased approx 2 years ago Stock number is ***** Mod 665.12833k313
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that after we fiddle quite a bit with a number of the panel buttons we get it to stop but the beeping returns within a day or two ( and sometimes as soon as the next time we use it )
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

So unfortunately this control panel has had a lot of issues. Whirlpool actually makes this dishwasher for Sears and they sell it under the Kenmore name. Currently, Whirlpool dishwashers are the only ones I've been telling customers to steer clear of because they have a lot of problems with their touchpads and they were re-designing all their touchpads. Well... the day has come and the touchpads have been re-designed. The problem is that people like you have the old touchpads so they are still failing. You can order the new touchpad which supposedly won't fail, but the touch control panel needs to be replaced. The part number you need now is W10850139. The older part number was W10500217. The part is about $200 so it's not cheap at all. You can contact Sears and see if they would be willing to help with repairs, but they have been pretty poor with customer service I've found in recent years likely due to their company not doing so well.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.