John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dishwasher won't pump the soap out. What is the nest

Customer Question

My dishwasher won't pump the soap out. What is the nest step?We took it apart yesterday and rinsed all the screens and my husband thought the drain was clean.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Jenn-Air JDB6510 We have not run a diagnostic-test cycle. How do we do that?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do we run a test cycle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Do you know if he disassembled the top of the pump inside to reach the inner fine mesh screen, number 6 at the link below?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we cleaned it well.The dishwasher is not taken apart at this time. Would it be better if we take it apart and then place the call?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

So are you finding lots of suds inside or what exactly are you seeing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When the sani-rinse cycle is finished there are lots of suds in the tub. I have even run the rinse cylcle twice and still soap. I only put powder
Yes. I only put powder in one cup and ran the rinse cycle twice and still soap.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Do you use rinse aid in the dispenser cup? It sounds like it has an issue where it is dispensing too much rinse aid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do use a rinse aid. Shall I open the lid and run it to get all the rinse aid out?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Opening the lid will only water to fill the dispenser. It will rinse it out but will fill it with water. It will need to be replaced unless you stop using rinse aid. Would you like instructions for replacement?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I will use it without rinse aid for awhile and see what it does.