Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

One of my burners does not light, perhaps after a spill, but

Customer Question

Hi, One of my burners does not light, perhaps after a spill, but I have cleaned it out I think and still have to light it with a map. what to do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: several months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not necessarily. I just don't to get a technician out here and tell me something simple or stupid I overlooked
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think not except what to do on my own to revive the burner if possible
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

How long has it been since the spill?

Never mind I see you say its been several months, most times when they dry out they will go back to working but if not that means you shorted the electrode on the burner when you spilled whatever it was you spilled on it so the electrode will have to be replaced, if you would like to try and do it yourself let me know and I will try and give you instructions to do it, otherwise you will want a tech out to replace it for you. If you want instructions and/or part numbers please give me the full model number of the range. If not please read below:

If there is nothing else I can help you with at thist time please take a second to rate my service by clicking on the 5th star to the right at the top of your page. The money you paid went to the site not me, in order for me to get compensated for helping you today you must rate the answer. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge even after you have rated my service if you still need assistance.

Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?