Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My Dual Wave II microwavve unit stopped working some time

Customer Question

My Dual Wave II microwavve unit stopped working some time ago but the stove still works with everything. Is this a fuse failure? If so, is the fuse available?
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1988 is the year it was purchased; not sure the model number. The Microwave unit and stove are attached.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it reasonably simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No - I would just turn off the fuse box in the garage and go from there by removing the panel
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need also to know where to purchase a fuse for a model this old if one is available.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What is the model number of your unit? It is a possibly that the problem could be with a fuse. First I need to be able to pull up a parts lists for your particular unit. What is the model number?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, Travis. Thanks for responding. The unit in question is a GE Dual Wave II microwave model # J HP 70U OK 2 WH, Serial # VV902146M, manufactured Nov, 1987. This came from a tag inside the unit. Looking forward to your reply. Don
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have you received the info you requested? When may I expect an answer? Don
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

I apologize for the delay in response. I work in the evenings my time. Give me just a few minutes and I will see what I can locate on your model .

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

So I am not pulling anything up with this model number can you double check that for me real quick.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's the information posted on the inside of the unit. I've included everything there. Don
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did I miss something? There is no answer in the email I just received this morning.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dear Travis, I have not heard from you the past several days. Have you concluded your search for me? Is there still more information you can give me? Will I hear anything more from you? Don
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

I opened your question to other experts because I was not able to pull anything up with the model number provided.