John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The middle burner on my induction stove top does not work

Customer Question

the middle burner on my induction stove top does not work and keeps flashing I and U, my manual does not cover that problem, what is wrong
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just this evening
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have turned off the stove top but the letters keep flashing the other burners work fine
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a Thermador Model:CIT 365GB, CIT 365GM
Expert:  FixAll replied 4 months ago.

sounds like that individual burner has failed. the pan sensor in particular but its all one assembly. i would just replace the middle burner.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where can we buy one and does it need a repair man to install
Expert:  FixAll replied 4 months ago.

just simply google your model number then replacement parts. but gotta be honest unless you are very handy this is not and easy job. the wiring is pretty simple however the wires cannot go on wrong and the sensor is dumby proof. you must be sure everything is clear of the glass when you put it all back together however because its easy to get that induction bead in the way and it will crack the so make sure everything is tucked underneath.