Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 2 year old washer that doesn't drain. L D code. I

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old washer that doesn't drain. L D code. I took apart both pumps and nothing plugged/clogged?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I just said 2 years. Cabrio Platinum
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i woulnt think so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like you know this already but LD means the washer isn't draining properly. You'll want to remove the control panel to locate the main control board in the back right corner. Disconnect the rubber hose connected to the control board and blow through the hose to make sure it's clear. Reconnect the hose and try the washer again. If you get an LD error again and you made sure the drain pump wasn't clogged, you either have a bad drain pump or a bad control board. If the washer drains out but the LD error occurs anyways, replace the main control board. If your washer is not draining and the drain pump is clear---replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?