FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen
68072958

Can an old maytag stove have pilot lights up graded for

Customer Question

can an old maytag stove have pilot lights up graded for energy conservation
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: around 98' when mobile home was installed, not sure of model, four burner
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how much it would cost
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

in short it would cost more than new stove probably. not only would you have to deal with pilot gas coming in by capping it or something you would have to purchase and design your own ignition system for lighting unless you intend to manually light with a match or lighter or something.in that case just cap off the lines that run to the pilots. and seal them up. and then use a match or lighter.