Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dacor ewd27sch warming drawer stopped working. The circuit…

Dacor ewd27sch warming drawer...

Dacor ewd27sch warming drawer stopped working. The circuit breaker is not tripped. Is there a reset button or a fuse that would solve the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Dacor EWD27SCH warming drawer. First time.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of at the moment

4/19/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So there is a high limit thermostat but unfortunately it's not even in the parts breakdown diagram. Either way, below is a link to the part you're looking for and it has a button right in the center that you need to push hard and if it clicks the heat will reset.

CLICK HERE to see high limit thermostat

To access this part, you must uninstall the entire warming drawer and remove it from your kitchen cabinets. Then you can remove the screws going into the top sheet metal panel. The top sheet metal panel will pull off and you should be able to locate this thermostat somewhere below.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no fuse or reset button? I can pull the drawer out from the cabinet and replace the part. Are you 100% certain that this is the problem? That said, what can be done to preserve its function and avoid this problem in the future?
Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean? That high limit thermostat IS a reset. There is a button you press on it to reset it. If it clicks it resets.

This high limit switch just tends to trip if the drawer isn't closed all the way or if it was left on for too long warming at too high of a temperature.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you answer my follow-up questions, please?Thanks.

I did respond, perhaps you didn't get it? Here is what I wrote:

QUOTE:

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, did not see your reply. Got it!Thanks.

Not a problem at all. If you run into anything just let me know.