John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag Plus side by side fridge freezer and the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Maytag Plus side by side fridge freezer and the condensate leaks out of the freezer on to the floor and also builds up at the bottom of the freezer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It will take a while to go through all the paperwork of everything but it is at least 10 years old and is working perfectly well apart from that
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to if it is not a matter of dismantling too much. I am a retired Marine Engineer and have worked on refrigerating equipment most of my life
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Before I pull the fridge out is there anything I should know, how much dismantling do I have to do and where is the drain for this condensate, I presume it is blocked
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?