John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

MY ICE MAKER DOESN'T WORK. I CHECKED TO MAKE SURE I HAD THE

Customer Question

MY ICE MAKER DOESN'T WORK. I CHECKED TO MAKE SURE I HAD THE RIGHT FILTER AND THEN REPLACED IT WITH A NEW ONE.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Whirlpool Gold, Type 26 MSSA and Model # GSF26C5EXBO, I don't have the exact dates but I believe it is around 2 to 3 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am pretty handy with tools, but I don't know how complicated the fix is. If it is beyond my capability I will probably request a qualified technician.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I checked the ice container in the freezer compartment, removed the ice container and turned the switch from on to off and then back to on again. I don't think the appliance is getting any water to go to the actual ice maker.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Referring to the attached picture, can you please let me know what you see?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you please contact me on my landline:(###) ###-#### my computer is on the second floor and the fridge is on the first floor.
Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I will send that option. Did you get a look at that picture I sent you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I looked inside my ice compartment and it doesn't look like the picture you sent. My ice compartment is an open box approximately 9 " by 12". There is a spring loaded flap on the right inside wall and an on/off switch on the left inside wall. I have moved the switch from on to off back to on again to no avail.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You have a different style, I will see if another may be available to help with that.