Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Thermador Micrwave Oven, Model #16-1157 AND THE

Customer Question

I have a Thermador Micrwave Oven, Model #16-1157 AND I AM REPLACING THE mEGATRON BUT i ALSO NEED A HV Invertor, PART # 00415832 which is no longer available and no one seems to have one in stock at any parts distributor. Is there a "generic" or other brand Invertor that will work in its place ??
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just since yesterday morning.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can if need to (I am a Mechanical engineer) but I have an appliance repair service that will likely do the repair. I am also replacing the megatron in the same oven.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model #16-1157
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only If there is no Thermador invertor available, is there any alternative ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

There is a similar inverter used on a Bosch model that may work. However, I have no way of knowing with 100% certainty it is will or not, so it is a bit of a gamble trying it. They both perform the same functions and have the same connections. See link below. Other than that, there is nothing else that may work.

CLICK HERE