Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ice maker is very Slow to make cubes and makes a 'clicking'

Customer Question
sound (like a woodpecker every...
Ice maker is very Slow to make cubes and makes a 'clicking' sound (like a woodpecker every 20 minutes or so.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GEPSH23OGSA, 10 years?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Sorry PSH23PGSA - No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, was working fine and when we came back from vacation had this issue
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc;

Thank you for your patience.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Unfortunately that means the ice maker will have to be replaced, the gears in the module are stripped out.

Refrigerator Ice Maker Kit

Part #: WR30X10044 - click here

I linked you to a new one at sears but you can likely find one cheaper on ebay or amazon.

please take a second to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen. The money you paid went to the site not me, in order for me to get compensated for helping you today you must rate the answer. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge even after you have rated my service if you still need assistance.

Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.

Very responsive and knowledgeable.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

thanks for that but in order for me to credit for helping you have to actually click on the star rating system at the top of your page. click on the 5th star to the right, thanks. If you cant find it let me know.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson