John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Both refrigerator and freezer compartments are at 71

Customer Question

Both refrigerator and freezer compartments are at 71 degrees. How do I set them to cool/freeze again? I pushed the button to reset the temperature (0 for freezer and 37 for fridge). Then the temp went back to read 71. Is this normal?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It is a GE Profile and has not done this before.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably not. But, if it is simple, perhaps.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know why it started warming. Has been working fine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

When you select the temperatures to be 0 degrees and 37 degrees, after a couple sections the display will revert back to showing the ACTUAL temperature (which is 71 degrees). Now if everything is working fine then the unit will cool down slowly to the set temperatures you selected, but it sounds like it's not cooling down. So that being said, do you hear any fans or motors running or is the unit 100% silent?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?