Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The internal vent fan on our microwave runs when we open the

Customer Question
door. Is something wrong...
The internal vent fan on our microwave runs when we open the door. Is something wrong? Model 401.85053210, Serial Number 207MM00549
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Probably 3 years old, model(###) ###-#### sn 207MM00549
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just need to know why the fan runs when we open the door
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, yes something is definitely wrong. So unfortunately this means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave is completely different however. You will need to remove 1 screw coming in from the right and left side toward the bottom. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave along the top, right and left edges. Once all the screws are removed, the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off so that you can test the switched through the right side of the microwave.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc