John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a wire in the back left top corner of my Whirlpool

Customer Question

I have a wire in the back left top corner of my Whirlpool oven that is hanging out. Looks like a piece of hanger wire - 8-10 inches long. What is this wire for? Could this have caused my healing element to explode and burn out?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The oven is 25 years old. If you hold on a minute, I will get the model number. Thanks.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, we ordered and just received the new replacement heating element. The model number is ***** and the serial number is *****
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just need to know what the wire is for and if I need to replace it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Can you post a picture of what you see?