Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a shx46a05uc bosch dw that won't shut off. The rinse

Customer Question

I have a shx46a05uc bosch dw that won't shut off. The rinse agent light and power scrub and regular wash lights are all on at the same time.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The exact model is shx46a05uc-40. I am guessing that it is 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is a doable project and I get accurate advice or troubleshooting help. I am a licensed electricain.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It appears to be stuck in the drain cycle. There is a small amount of water discharging into the strainer at the bottom of the brain unit. And it won't stop running.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

There is water in the base of the unit, under the tub. It has actuated the flood cycle. Are you able to access that area for inspection by removing the panel from below the door?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
let me try
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
already paid $28. Is this an additional charge?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I am not sure what you are seeing, but if you got a phone offer, I have no control over those and yes, they are a separate fee.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The advert stated $5 fee and $24 if I received the help I needed. I was then charged $28.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What's this mean?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am another tech. The previous expert informed you that it has activated the flood cycle. What you will need to do is remove the dishwasher from under the counter and tip it to a 45 degree angle. I suggest putting some towels down because you are going to get water that comes flowing out. Once the water is all dried up you can put the dishwasher back and it should run as normal again. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There was no water in the bottom of the DW. I did as you suggested any way and the problem continues. When I turn the DW on the "SANITIZED", "REFILL RINSE AGENT", "POWER SCRUB PLUS" and "REGULAR WASH" lights all come on. There is a growling sound that comes from the bottom of the unit which I suspect is the pump trying to drain the unit also. When I try to suck on the drain hose, water comes out but if I trying blowing into the hose, no air will flow.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took the drain pump out of the unit and it seems to be working fine. The growling sound is gone with the pump out so I suspect that it was just the noise the drain pump normally makes when it is dry. To further test this theory, I poured some water into the bottom of the DW and it was pumped out. So I think we have to go back to why all of these lights are on and I can't get into the normal wash cycles. Again, when I apply power on he door button, just the drain pump is active and the lights previously mentioned are all on.