Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ovenis tenyears old it takes 20 min to heat up to the

Customer Question

my ovenis tenyears old it takes 20 min to heat up to the right temp then is too hot for right baking temp
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: oven is ten years old it is not convection oven whirlpool acubake
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well can i fix the problem by calibrating the temp
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is there anything i can do to set oven temp back to factory settings
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We cannot get on the floor low enough to read no we are 76 years old
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK so I'm not sure there is a way to just reset this issue unless unplugging the unit or flipping the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes resets the electronics. If that doesn't work and it keeps overheating, it means you either have a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?