Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A SAMSUNG OVER THE RANGE MODEL NUMBER SMH21175/XAC,

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG OVER THE RANGE MODEL NUMBER SMH21175/XAC
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: THE MICROWAVE STARTS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I CLOSE THE DOOR
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IF ITS EASY ENOUGH
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: THE PANEL APPEARS TO BE WORKING PROPERLY BUT THE DEVICE JUST COMES ON AND WONT STOP
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the mod number is ***** smh21175/xac or smh2117S/xac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WHEN I CLOSE THE DOOR THE MICROWAVE STARTS AUTOMATICALY, BUT DOES NOT HEAT THE CONTENTS
IF I SET ON SENSOR COOK (POPCORN) THE TMER STARTS AND I CAN HEAR THE MAGNATRON KICK IN. THE POPCORN COOKS PROPERLY BUT WHEN THE TIMER BEEPS THE MAGNATRON TURNS OFF BUT THE OVEN CONTIUES TO RUN.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

So unfortunately this issue is caused by one of your 3 door switches failing. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons and when one of them fails these are the symptoms you get. Now the unit is still under warranty so I would recommend just calling warranty, but that's completely up to you. If you still wanted to repair it yourself, then you would need to take the microwave apart and use a multimeter to determine which switch has failed and replace the faulty switch. Below is a link to a video that shows you this process if you have a multimeter. The video shows the process on a Whirlpool microwave but since Whirlpool makes this style microwave for Samsung, the process is the same.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?