Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Is there a way to get the error code to clear on a maytag

Customer Question

Is there a way to get the error code to clear on a maytag washer?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased from Sears in 20111 and is a Maytag Centennial Commercial Technology
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The washer will spin as if it is going to start with the sensing light fully lit and then spin again before the door unlocks. Then when it locks again, the lid lock light blinks and you can't get the washer unlocked until you unplug and re plug in the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The fact that it resets with a power cycle is most likely indicative of a control failure. However, we can get the error codes and see what may be happening if you will please provide the complete model number. The model tag is at the back of the opening where the clothes are loaded.