Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer made a hissing sound and smelled like some and now…

Customer Question
My washer made a...

My washer made a hissing sound and smelled like some burnt and now it won't spin what is wrong with it and how do I fix it

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag centennial washer can't find any numbers on it ... Maybe about 5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes most likely repair person is to high in my area

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just it stopped working and the last few load were wetter than normal

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/11/2017
Appliance Technician: James I, Handyman replied 1 year ago
James I
James I, Handyman

The most likely fault is the motor control board, or the motor itself.

Remove the back of the washer and start by checking what voltages your getting to the PCB and if your getting any power to the motor.

What is the model number of the washer so I can provide you a estimate for replacement parts.

In most cases this will be cheaper to replace than repair, however happy to help your diagnose the fault.