Give me a sec to phrase my question - thanks... About a

Give me a sec...

Give me a sec to phrase my question - thanks...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week. The model number of my Whirlpool Dryer is HTDX100EM8WW but is this the same as HTDX100EM0WW? The part I am looking for is Part... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week. The model number of my Whirlpool Dryer is HTDX100EM8WW but is this the same as HTDX100EM0WW? The part I am looking for is Part #35 which is a "PUSH TO START SWITCH". Question: Do I order this using the model #HTDX100EM0WW? Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The Dryer is about 3-4 years old (I think). When you open the door the model # is HTDX100EM8WW.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My tenant, who is knowledgeble is such matters will be doing the work. He told me to order this part.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's about it! He told me the model # is HTDX100EM0WW but I read it as HTDX100EM8WW.

4/3/2017
Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The 8 and the 0 in the model is just a revision number, nothing that would affect the start button. This only affects control boards and such. The push to start button you need is part number WE4M416 and it only costs about $10.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician
Phone call session started

I see you requested a phone call and I just tried to call you but no one answered. Would you like for me to try again?

Please try me on my home phone --(###) ###-#### Thanks, Ben.

ok calling now.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I replaced the thermal cutoff and thermostat on my kenmore
Hi. I replaced the thermal cutoff and thermostat on my kenmore elite HE3 model no 101.82822102. Everything checked out with the meter. However, now that I put the panel back on, flipped the circuit br… read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
Waiting for a part for a Whirlpool refrigerator but don't
Waiting for a part for a Whirlpool refrigerator but don't know when it will come. My tenants have been without a refrigerator for 2 weeks because Whirlpool sent the technician to the wrong address and… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
What is the thickness of the drum on a dryer. Whirlpool old.
we are making a picker for fleece and need to put nails in spots on the inside on the dryer so it cleans the fleece. we are thinking of using sheet metal screws the me had nails welded to but are now wondering if the thickness on the drum will hold them… read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
Stop searching for answers—
Our whirlpool refrigerator Model #WRX735SDBM02 will not
Our whirlpool refrigerator Model #WRX735SDBM02 will not dispense water or ice. All doors are closed tightly. The display panel is completely blank but the blue lights are blinking. There is ice being … read more
Appliance Technician,
More information on Same Washing machine. I know that the
More information on Same Washing machine. I know that the tenants broke the machine but they are claiming they didn't. I was finally able to contact my cleaning lady. She said as the door is about to … read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
Hey Chas, I have a Whirlpool Cabrio that is giving F7-E6...the
Hey Chas, I have a Whirlpool Cabrio that is giving F7-E6...the techncian (sent by warranty company) says that's an RPM sensor...the warranty company says the part is on back order...any ideas for me? … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Whirlpool washer, Model # XXXXX It has been
I have a Whirlpool washer, Model # XXXXX It has been service, under the warranty---through SEARS itself....OVER 5 times...still NOT working. (flashes Code F-35) First was replacement of a Switch-WL, 2… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
helo i spoke to a guy named larry laast week about my whirl
helo i spoke to a guy named larry laast week about my whirl pool washer i am having the same problem i had before and for the second suggestion he gave me the wrong part number is XXXXX a chance i cou… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
Hi, my name is Bob;I am trying to repair a Maytag Neptune elect.
Hi, my name is Bob;I am trying to repair a Maytag Neptune elect. dryer, approx. 10 years old. Model # XXXXX The owners called me last week to take over where they left off. The top was up, the front w… read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,
Model#MDG4000BWW;ser#10784187WM GAS dryer no heat sounds like
Model#MDG4000BWW;ser#10784187WM GAS dryer no heat sounds like is cycling noise 15 sec 40 sec quiet then 15 sec noise.Trying to light?… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
I have a Whirlpool Duet less than 3 years old. Its been making
I have a Whirlpool Duet less than 3 years old. It's been making a sound like it's really off balance. I've continued to use it for several weeks before getting it looked at. I have been told two diffe… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
The service tech came and said it was the door latch assembly
The service tech came and said it was the door latch assembly that needs to be replaced on my Bosch Axxis dryer. He said he was going to order the part and call me, but I have never heard from him aga… read more
Appliance guy
Appliance guy
Senior appliance repair tech.,
Stop searching for answers—
My question details wont go into this space provided.. Pls
My question details won't go into this space provided.. Pls send me an email address i can sent my concerns & questions to... whirlpool stove model rf385pxe thx, jim… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
HI I have a 3 yr old whirlpool duet dryer that is not working.
HI I have a 3 yr old whirlpool duet dryer that is not working. The lights go on but the drum does not turn. The Technician today told me the motor was burned out. It's very hard to believe. Let me exp… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
I have a problem with my Kenmore refridgerator, of which the
I have a problem with my Kenmore refridgerator, of which the info is: Model # XXXXX 596.52679200 MFG # XXXXX P52679000B0 S/N - 10138680AL Age - Around 6 years. I noticed that my refridgerator is not w… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
well about an hour ago i asked a question to a tech with 6
well about an hour ago i asked a question to a tech with 6 years experience, well his response was wrong, my gas dryer wont dry the cloth, the area where the flame lights up wont stay lit, he said it … read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
New Model WED9200sq1... have 4 new units in new apartments.
New Model WED9200sq1... have 4 new units in new apartments. Tenants complain the dryer door pops open shortly after starting to dry. Had factory service rep come for one unit and did not solve the pro… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a stack w/d approx. 9 years old (unvented, I believe)
I have a stack w/d approx. 9 years old (unvented, I believe) in my manhattan apt. which is currently rented out. My tenant called to say the washer shorted out because the dryer water collection box h… read more
Home Appliance Technician,