I have a Model FFtR1814 lw, about 3 months, the freezer will…

I have a Model...

I have a Model FFtR1814 lw

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 months, the freezer will never go below zero, Appliance repair have been here 3 times. replaced timer, I replaced start... Read full answer

I have a Model FFtR1814 lw

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 months, the freezer will never go below zero, Appliance repair have been here 3 times. replaced timer, I replaced start capacitor . my indoor regif stays @ -6 (in safe zone) the Garage Regif will not go below zero with all controls set to the max cold

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Frigidair, model FFTR1814LW7

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will if simple, repair people appear to be just guessing at everything & indicated because it was it the garage and temp got down to 45 that it may work when it warms up. it warmed up & freezer this AM 4 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its about 2 years old & I moved from Henderson NV to Reno in Sept of 2016

4/3/2017
Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The ambient temperature has a lot to do with the temperature for sure. It should be in a temperature around 70 degrees to work normally. If it's colder than that, then the refrigerator gets down to temperature too quickly causing the freezer to not get as cold. If you wanted to make an adjustment so the freezer gets colder, you need to remove the back panel inside the freezer. You'll see a vent going down to the refrigerator from the freezer. You need to add some styrofoam or tap over the holes somewhat so not as much air can get into the refrigerator from the freezer; thus allowing the freezer to keep cooling and getting colder.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ill give it a try

Alright good luck. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Looking for a simple basic refrigerator...again w/fewest
Looking for a simple basic refrigerator...again w/fewest possible goo-gaws to go wrong. need around 18 cu ft w/max freezer space so down to: ***** ***** Whirlpool wrt318fzdw Kenmore 69332 Leaning towa… read more
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin
Senior Technician,
Whirlpool , Frigidaire, Maytag, GE, LG Authorized
My Frigidaire upright freezer Model number FFFH21F4QTA has
My Frigidaire upright freezer Model number FFFH21F4QTA has stopped working. The power light is on and when you open the door the light comes on so it has power. However it does not cool or freeze anym… read more
FixAll
FixAll
remote technical assistant,
Sub Zero Model 532 (1989) 2 door refrig/freezer. Very recent
Sub Zero Model 532 (1989) 2 door refrig/freezer. Very recent repair cured refrig cooling failure problem; now getting a frost/ice build-up on panel on back wall of refrigerator. I suspect a door gaske… read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Stop searching for answers—
My model m1txemmww00 refrigerator / freezer works while then
My model m1txemmww00 refrigerator / freezer works for a while then it shuts off long enough for things to melt in the freezer and warm in the refrigerator.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a frigidaire side by side, the fridge is fine the freezer
I have a frigidaire side by side, the fridge is fine the freezer doesn't always maintain 0 degrees. The door seals, I cleaned the coils and made sure the fan between the coils and compressor was worki… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a frigidair freezer in my garage and accidentally left
I have a frigidair freezer in my garage and accidentally left the garage door open overnight. It is currently about 20 degrees It sounds like the freezer is working very hard and I am concerned it cou… read more
Tech/owner,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
FRIGIDAIRE Model# XXXXX -- No water coming thru filter
FRIGIDAIRE Model# XXXXX -- No water coming thru filter though light still reads green. I have shut off water, removed filter and emptied water from the filter itself, then replaced and turned water ba… read more
Jason
Jason
Mentor Service Technician,
We have a model ED25DQXYN02 side by side refrigerator that
We have a model ED25DQXYN02 side by side refrigerator that we replaced and moved to the garage for extra freezer space and drinks. The refrigerator is now freezing our drinks. We have lowered the dial… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Whirlpool 19.6 cu. ft. auto defrost upright freezer
I have a Whirlpool 19.6 cu. ft. auto defrost upright freezer model #EV200N, which is located in a basement. 2 weeks ago Sun. night the power went out for several hours but the freezer seemed fine. The… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
I have an extra refridgerator in our garage and the freezer
I have an extra refridgerator in our garage and the freezer is not working properly, it takes a long time to freeze water and ice cream goes to mush. Is the garage too cold in winter in Canada for a f… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our freezer is making a clicking noise and the temperature
Our freezer is making a clicking noise and the temperature display flashes. This seems to be occuring when the temperature reading drops - the freezer is in the garage which is, of course, very cold g… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Magic Chef, Model #RB191TV, 25.4cu/ft refrigerator
I have a Magic Chef, Model #RB191TV, 25.4cu/ft refrigerator freezer located in an unheated breezeway that gets down to about 38 degrees. The freezer on the unit quits working at temps below 40 in the … read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator, Model No. FRS6L7EESN.
I have a Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator, Model No. FRS6L7EESN. It was purchased around May 2006; manufactured in 2005; cost appx. $1k. It sat in the garage for nearly 3 years because it quit wor… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
I have a washer that is not drainging at the rinse cycle.
I have a washer that is not drainging at the rinse cycle. Model #WGM 11, who would you recommend to come out and service my machine.… read more
Tech/owner,
i have a Frigidaire model FRT17LsF that is 2 1/2 years old
i have a Frigidaire model FRT17LsF that is 2 1/2 years old and now the freezer is not working. Do I need to install a 15 amp time delay fuse? If so, where is it located? By the way, we keep this refri… read more
MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH
Lead Tech,
I have a under counter Sub Zero wine refrigerator. I think
I have a under counter Sub Zero wine refrigerator. I think is the 424 series. It is about 3 years old. It has been very stable with 45 degrees set for the lower zone and 55 degrees set for the upper z… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My 10 year old GE refrigerator section is too warm, 44 degrees
My 10 year old GE refrigerator section is too warm, 44 degrees with the cold setting set to the max. My freezer is about 0 deg, also set to the max. Model # XXXXX I am trying to decide whether to repa… read more
applianceguy
applianceguy
Appliance tech,
Where can I get a assembly or repair manual for a Model ETCHMXKT0S;
Where can I get a assembly or repair manual for a Model ETCHMXKT0S; Type C21TFA03 Top freezer / bottom fridge leaking water during de-frost ( I assume) so I can clean / replace the drain line I'm told… read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,