Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Fisher Paykel DD603. It is about 6 years old, Model…

Customer Question
I have a Fisher...

I have a Fisher Paykel DD603.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 6 years old, Model DD603 I have gotten a F1 error and found water in the base. Cleaned it up and dried it out. I ran the diagnostic to see if the lids are actuating and they seem fine. No hang ups, full excursion. I removed the bottom drawer and ran the top drawer on RINSE. Within 1 minute, as the unit was filling?? I saw water dripping down behind the top drawer. I removed the top drawer and inspected the top edge to see if water was getting past the lid seal. The top edge of the drawer was dry all around. I removed the drawer and inspected the bottom and the left rear of the drawer had water on it. What do you suggest?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I have at the moment

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Did you notice the water may have leaked from the center bottom of the drawer and ran back to the rear or was it all dry?
  2. Any visible issues with the drawer along the seams?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It did not appear to come from the center bottom of drawer from what I could tell, but along the edge of the plastic that covers the motor. The drawer seems to be solid, no cracks could be noted. I removed the impeller to see if there was a clue there but did not notice anything, but not sure what I would be looking for.
PS: just got my technicians, K2DLUX
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The phone would be a bit more difficult, lets try this with text.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

Nice job on the tech license!

Did you remove that center cover to look at the components under it? It is much more likely for it to be leaking there than the tub being compromised.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you referring to a center cover accessible from the INSIDE or OUTSIDE?

At the bottom of the tub, outside, underneath.

I attached the service manual for you. The leak is probably from around the drain hose connection area.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, got it. NO. I did not remove that, How best to remove? I did not see screws, maybe bayonnette type fastener?

If you can access the drawer bottom for inspection I suspect you will be able to spot some water marks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me see what I can do. It will take a few minutes.

Sure! Take your time, there is no hurry.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With the drawer upside down, I noticed a bit of water inside the clear plastic shroud that covers the impeller motor. The moisture is on the black drain hose. It appears that a small amount of water may exit at that point and travel to a slot on the rear of the shroud and exit. Water stains appear there also and this is back of the drawer. So this seems to be a good clue.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still there Kelly?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kelly, are we still working together?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess this isn't working.
Thank you.
Signing off. Clear

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, I had a medical issue I had to tend to right away. I will open your question up for others if you would still like help.