Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The fan in the oven on my GE Profile electric range stays on…

Customer Question
The fan in the...

The fan in the oven on my GE Profile electric range stays on all the time during baking (not using convection).

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 4 years old - Model PS968SP3SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I thought this was the way it was supposed to work. However, I tried to cook bacon in the oven and it nearly caught on fire because the grease was being sprayed around the oven.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does it shut off when you turn the oven off?

Okay, so there is a logic issue on the oven control. Can you turn the breaker off for 5 full minutes and then see if the behavior stays the same, please? Let me know what happens, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I assumed the fan was supposed to stay on during baking but I don't think that is right. How can this be fixed?

The convection fan should only run during convection cooking or during preheating. Can you turn the breaker off for 5 full minutes and then see if the behavior stays the same, please? Let me know what happens, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot determine which breaker switch is for the oven. It's not marked. I think I just wasted $5.

LOL, okay. Take care.