Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What do I check on a Kitchenaid Superba Oven when the lights…

what do I check on...
what do I check on a Kitchenaid Superba Oven when the lights won't work? The Bulbs have been replaced.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Are all bulbs out? And do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
New bulbs are in. Model KMEC308KSS01
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dont see a response yet

I think you mean KEMC308KSS01. Either way on this model if all the lights go out it means your light transformer over top of the microwave oven has failed and needs to be replaced. The entire microwave oven will need to be pulled out and the top sheet metal panel removed. There are a few transformers on the top of this unit (3 to be exact) so to be clear, you need the one with 2 black wires and 2 white wires going to it. That transformer is the one that controls the lights for the oven section.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Below is a link to the transformer you need to replace.

CLICK HERE for light transformer

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like clarification. According to the manual for this unit there aren't any transformers just a relay. Should I replace this relay?

No, not the relay---there are transformers. 3 of them in fact. You need that transformer for the oven lights if the oven lights aren't turning on.