Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a electrolux that needs cleaning under the burners.

Customer Question
I have a electrolux...

I have a electrolux that needs cleaning under the burners. However the top cannot be separated. Any suggestions as to how to clean it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

At least 7

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: This sounds important. The appliance expert will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a appliance expert who has 13,453 happy customers and a 4.7 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2017
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine? The number is ***** down by the drawer.
Thanks
Don

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
EW30GF65GSB
VF83544339

The only way you can get under the burners is to lift off the burner caps and you see 2 screws to be removed on each sub burner housing. click here for picture

You will have to do that for every burner, Once you have all the housings removed the top will come up to access the area under to cooktop. You may have a couple of clips to depress with a putty knife between the top and the front panel.

May I ask why you want to do this. These are sealed burners that are designed to prevent liquids from entering the area under the cooktop.

John, Home Appliance Technician