Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washing machine fills with water but sometimes water has…

Customer Question
Washing machine fills with...

Washing machine fills with water but sometimes water has bits of dirt in it that stain clothes. The dirt particles are not from the clothes to be washed but seem to be added to the water. Could they come from hoses or other rubber parts?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag washer model # HA407; at least 35 years old. It's a top-loader.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that I can think of.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

What you are seeing is probably coming from the inner tub above the full level water line. Fill the machine with hot water. Once full, turn the timer off and manually add about 2-3 more gallons of water to raise the water level over the full tub water line. Add a gallon of white distilled vinegar and allow to sit over night and then start the timer again and let it run through a cycle. That should rinse and flush out debris that has accumulated above the high water mark and make wash results better.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.