Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE washer Model #GTWp2250D0WW that intermittently…

Customer Question
I have a GE washer...
I have a GE washer Model #GTWp2250D0WW that intermittently stalls at the drain and spin cycle. Meaning this does not happen every load, but more times than not. The drain pump works after the wash cycle but then the tub appears to partially drain after the rinse cycle and does not go in to the spin cycle. I can hear the drain pump just running and it will not turn off until I stop the cycle manually. Ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After a few minutes I can cancel the load (the pump will shut off) and move the dial to drain and spin and it will finish the cycle
3/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The issue you are having is likely due to a partially obstructed air hose that allows the pressure switch top monitor the water level. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

In the diagram at the link below, number 10 is the pressure switch.

CLICK HERE

The small hose that is attached to that pressure switch leads down to a small dome on the side of the outer tub. That connection on the tub's air dome is common to get "gunked up" with detergent, softener and grime. If you remove the front panel (clips on the top between front panel and top panel, about 3" in from the side) you can access that hose for removal and cleaning of that air dome. Use hot water and pipe cleaners to clean it as best as you can. Be very careful of that plastic nipple, it will break if you are too rough with it.

See the air dome on the left side of the tub at the link below.

CLICK HERE

I suspect once that is all cleaned out you will have no further issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The issue you suggested was not the answer. The air way was completely unobstructed. The plastic water drain tube at the connection was completely collapsed obstructing water flow to the drain. Thank you anyway.