Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Second opinion] the high temp light is buzzing. freezer is…

Customer Question
Second opinion] the high...

Second opinion] the high temp light is buzzing. freezer is working fine. why is it buzzing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Frigidare and its set on 5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just the buzzing

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

There is a thermostat that warns you if the temperature gets too warm. If the freezer is indeed keeping food frozen and it's about 0 to 5 degrees , then this thermostat is defective. You can either replace it or disconnect it ifthis feature is not important to you ( most freezers do NOT have this. It is somewhat important for people who only get into their freezer once a week or so and they wouldn't be aware of a problem until it's too late.