Second opinion] Missing chrome "towel" bar across front of…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Missing chrome...

Second opinion] Missing chrome "towel" bar across front of Wedgewood wood-burning cook stove, vintage 1950's or earlier.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The bar came up missing 20... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The bar came up missing 20 years ago when stove was taken out of use in our mountain cabin.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you need measurement between the brackets?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 6 days by:
3/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The company at the link below carries parts for these ranges!

CLICK HERE

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I bought a used gas (lp) stove that seemed to work fine
Second opinion] I bought a used gas (lp) stove that seemed to work fine until last week when noticed flames (yellow) inside oven (4 to 6 inches) then within 20 minutes as we finished the cooking time … read more
Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson
Appliance Repair Technician,
Certificate
Small paper towel fire, burning less than 20 seconds, then
small paper towel fire, burning less than 20 seconds, then absolutely no power to controls, acts like it is unplugged. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a. We have a Samsung microwave Model SMH9207ST which
We have a Samsung microwave Model SMH9207ST which is not working. An SE (5E) error came up on December 25th which we were able to clear out and on the morning of December 26th all functions were working but upon heating water for instant coffee it stopped working. When trying to reset - it''s trying every 2-3 seconds to reset without any success. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Missing chrome "towel" bar across front of Wedgewood
Missing chrome "towel" bar across front of Wedgewood wood-burning cook stove, vintage 1950's or earlier. … read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
I have a hot point stove model RB757BB1WH. The bottom
I have a hot point stove model RB757BB1WH. The bottom element burnt out and cooked the wires. I have the two black ones hooked back to the element but there was a yellow wire cooked and I don't know w… read more
Sean F.
Sean F.
Appliance tech,
WE JUST BOUGHT sAMSUNG RANGE MODEL# ne59j342. The stovetop
WE JUST BOUGHT sAMSUNG RANGE MODEL# ***** The stovetop works but none of the other electronics turn on..no led lights or oven features. the delivery men said it must be home wiring. What could be the … read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I own a GE PHP900 30 inch induction cook top. It is about 4
I own a GE PHP900 30 inch induction cook top. It is about 4 years old. This evening while my wife was cooking, all burner controls indicated "E" and the heat turned off on the burners in use. Now it i… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
What is the purpose of the solenoid on my vintage 1950s Roper
What is the purpose of the solenoid on my vintage 1950's Roper gas stove? Is it necessary for my oven to work or is it just needed if I want to use the "auto cook" option that's on the clock?… read more
Appliance Technician,
Hello. Thermador x301xs single wall oven. Display stopped
Hello. Thermador x301xs single wall oven. Display stopped working, clicking sound from control board relay, burnt spot on board at P1 power connector. Replaced control board, powered unit and clock ca… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
what type of adhesive should I use to seal my ge cooktop pp980smss
what type of adhesive should I use to seal my ge cooktop pp980smss closed (top class to element box)… read more
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
TECHNICIAN,
I have a year old sf265lxtq 2 that I just got from my inlaws.
I have a year old sf265lxtq 2 that I just got from my inlaws. I converted the range from LP to NG following all directions. Every thing seems to work except when I us the Bake Burner the gas will run … read more
romr2009
romr2009
Hi, I have a wood burning/gas stove that may be pre 1950s.
Hi, I have a wood burning/gas stove that may be pre 1950's. Our homeowners insurance will not insure the house unless the wood burner/stovepipe is disconnected or removed. I don't want to disconnect t… read more
clayton5711
clayton5711
technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Sorry I lost my internet connection and missed the answer: Question
Sorry I lost my internet connection and missed the answer: Question concerns GE downdraft vent fan for JP383. Can you give me direcitions for removing the fan to clean the blades and housing inside su… read more
Dave B.
Dave B.
How to restore the bake function of my Maytag MER6872BAS range
All functions of the range top and top oven work. Broil function in the bottom oven works, but when the bake function is chosen the bottom element does not heat at all and the top element cycles on fo… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
have a whirlpool super capacity 465 accubake - gas, stove top
have a whirlpool super capacity 465 accubake - gas, stove top works, broil works, oven seems to start heating up but then gives up the ghost and stays cool. What part needs replacing?… read more
I.can
I.can
Engineer,
My Frigidaire model ples389dcc will not heat up on any of the
My Frigidaire model ples389dcc will not heat up on any of the stovetop elements, the over or the broiler. The burner on indicators light when a burner is turned on but the element does not heat up and… read more
Chas
Chas
Master Appliance Repair Technician,
oven turns off and on, that is, the flame ignites, and extinguishes
oven turns off and on, that is, the flame ignites, and extinguishes about every 5 seconds.… read more
I.can
I.can
Engineer,
Hello, I bought a 36 Dacor gas cooktop 3 to 5 years ago and
Hello, I bought a 36" Dacor gas cooktop 3 to 5 years ago and I love it! The one, but serious drawback is that the ignitors continually click on one burner and click frequently during cooking on anothe… read more
Home Appliance Technician,