I SURE DO HOPE YOU CAN. MAYTAG FRIDGE BOTTOM FREEZER KEEPS…

I SURE DO HOPE...

I SURE DO HOPE YOU CAN. MAYTAG FRIDGE BOTTOM FREEZER KEEPS FROSTING UP THE WALL ON THE BACK. THEN MY TOP DOSE NOT KEEP COLD'IHVE HAD THIS PROBLEM ON AN OFF SINCE I GOT IT. SPENT OVER $300 DOLLARS TRYING TO GET IT FIXED I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH ANY OTHER OF MY APPLICENCES
... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MODLE #MF2558VEW2 TOP FRIDGE W/BOTTOM FREEZER HAD IT FOR ABOUT 5 YRS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I AM 70 YRS OLD MAYBE I CAN GET MY SON TO FIX IT AN WHY DID THEY PUT THE WATER DISCHARGE IN THE BACK OF THE FRIDGE I HAVE TO PULL OUT THE FRIDGE AN TAKE THE BOTTOM BACK OFF TO EMPTY IT

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I JUST NEED TO GET IT FIXED I CAN;T AFORD TO BUY A NEW ONE

3/4/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

can you check the model number once again please I find nothing on that number?

Master Tech
Master Tech, Master Technician
igot out my book mod MF2558VEW2 SER KO4698318 2011
Phone call session started

open the fresh food section door or doors the model /serial tag in on the interior wall near the top

ITS THE SAME #

Are you sure that you are not missing a letter after the MF?

can you just answer on my cell phone text(###) ###-#### why is my card being charged again for this service

I will not call you until I get a correct model number!!

It would be a waste of your time and mine to call you when I do not even know what unit your question is on !!

I have tried Maytag data base and three appliance parts dealers web site they are all saying it is not a good number .

and the phone call is a additional service!

Here is what Maytag is saying about the number you keep giving me .

http://www.maytag.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/OCManualsLiteratureSearchResultView?catalogId=10562&langId=-1&storeId=10212

Are you still there?

I can tell you why you keep seeing the ice on the rear interior freezer panel .But with out the correct model number I can not tell you what you need to do to fix the issue.

Please look at this link !

is this what your unit looks like?

http://www.sears.com/maytag-24.8-cu-ft-french-door-bottom-freezer/p-04609263000P?sid=ISx106xdGx&psid=15x3065719&knshCrid=4091454&k_clickID=efa923af-ee49-4860-9f28-6c28f2c272cb&redirectType=SRDT&gclid=CN3o7t-5vdICFZy4wAodIuAEiQ

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
We have 2 door fridge/freezer Westinghouse and 4 weeks ago
We have 2 door fridge/freezer Westinghouse and 4 weeks ago the thermostat has been change and yesterday i notice that the fridge is not as cold and the freezer is not freezing well , before i call som… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our Kitchaid fridge (KSRS27QAAL10) stopped cooling yesterday
Our Kitchaid fridge (KSRS27QAAL10) stopped cooling yesterday We used all kitchenaid when we built house in 1995. All appliances are original and we were planning to remodel and replace all in a year o… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our side by side wont get cold enough to freeze anything and
Our side by side won't get cold enough to freeze anything and things are going bad in the fridge. I left the freezer door open to clean freezer and since it has not worked properly. I replaced the the… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have an electrolux side by side fridge model number is XXXXX
I have an electrolux side by side fridge model number is XXXXX the fan at the rear dose not shut off the freezer side dose not get to temperature I have replaced the two main control boards no change … read more
Randy 43
Randy 43
appliance technician,
My ge gss25wgmb ww freezer not freezing and continouse run
my ge gss25wgmb ww freezer not freezing and continouse run had the defrost thing replaced a few years ago. getting some frost on the food inside but not freezing juice inside? whats going on with it?… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
I plugged it in, close out modle w/out manual, will not turn
I plugged it in, close out modle w/out manual, will not turn on. display says "OF" for both fridge and freezer and it beeps often, but when I set temp it goes back to "OF" almost immediately. Bout 2 y… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My side by side fridge is not cooling and freezer is freezing
My side by side fridge is not cooling and freezer is freezing but not effectively. I can hear the compressor running as well as the fan. I removed the cover panel inside the freezer and ran a blowdrye… read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,
Have a kitchen aid kblc36fts bottom mount refrigerator. The
Have a kitchen aid kblc36fts bottom mount refrigerator. The freezer appears to work fine, but the fridge is slowly warming. It is now 53 degrees. I have lowered the setting to 33. Other points of note… read more
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave
Im not sure if my question went through correctly, but I have
I'm not sure if my question went through correctly, but I have a 10 yr old Maytag side by side refrigerator that isn't cooling enough. It was on 60 degrees yesterday, so my husband scraped off all the… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
i have a amana refridge modle abb223des with the freezer the
i have a amana refridge modle abb223des with the freezer the freezer is working but the top is like hot can u help… read more
applianceguy
applianceguy
Appliance tech,
I HAVE A MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR MODLE # XXXXX THE FREEZER
I HAVE A MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR MODLE # XXXXX THE FREEZER IS WORKING FINE BUT THE REFRIGERATOR DOSE NOT SEEM TO BE GETTING COLD IT IS ABOUT 7 YEARS OLD… read more
Tech/owner,
WE HAVE A SIDE BY SIDE FREEZER AND REFRIGERATOR-MODEL gsh25jfta
WE HAVE A SIDE BY SIDE FREEZER AND REFRIGERATOR-MODEL gsh25jfta BB tHE ICE MAKER MAKES ICE BUT THE FREEZER STAYS FROSTED OVER AND THE ICE WILL RE-FREEZE IN THE ICE CONTAINER AND YOU CAN NOT GET IT OUT… read more
Owner,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a maytag refrigerator, approx 11 yrs old, MTB1956BEB,
I have a maytag refrigerator, approx 11 yrs old, MTB1956BEB, that the freezer is cool, the fan is running, but not cold enough to keep the items frozen, as well, the fridge is cool, but not cool enoug… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
Kenmore model 106.70102001 condensor fan and evaporator fan
Kenmore model 106.70102001 condensor fan and evaporator fan working. Refrigerator at 58 degrees and freezer above freezing with controls set on 5.… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
I have a 2001 Amana refridge Model#ARB2117AB. The top fridge
I have a 2001 Amana refridge Model#ARB2117AB. The top fridge is now at the coldest setting but is only going down to 46 F. The bottom freezer is above freezing at about 42 F. I emptied the freezer, th… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
the first people called stated it was the compressor and it
the first people called stated it was the compressor and it would be cheaper to buy a new one but this is a 26.3 cu ft and the lowest i could find was 850$ and up . my question is dose it cost that mu… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
I have a 15 yr. old Hotpoint fridge. Now, the freezer compartmant
I have a 15 yr. old Hotpoint fridge. Now, the freezer compartmant gets cold but not enough to actually freeze things. There are no controls in this freezer compartment, I emptied it and left only an i… read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,
Crosley refrigerator will not cool or freeze. The light is
Crosley refrigerator will not cool or freeze. The light is on and the fan is running.The freezer is blowing warm air where it should be cool. Thanks in advance for your help… read more
Home Appliance Technician,