DFE29JMDEES freezer drawer wont open unplugged for two days…

DFE29JMDEES freezer drawer wont open...
DFE29JMDEES freezer drawer wont open unplugged for two days... Read full answer
DFE29JMDEES freezer drawer wont open unplugged for two days
3/2/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If it is thawed, it has to be a mechanical issue, like a broken slide or something stuck in the drawer. Does it give at all on either side?

very little

I am afraid that the only way in will be by pulling hard. I know this is not a satisfying response but there is no magic bullet for a jammed door, unfortunately.

ok ty

I am sorry there is no easy answer. You can try tipping it back and forth to move whatever may be in there, but it will also require some force...

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE USING THE STARS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. I HOPE I HAVE EARNED YOUR 5 STAR RATING!

You may post back at anytime, even after rating, until you have all the information you need! Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Freezer appears frozen and ice drawer will not open. Samsung
freezer appears frozen and ice drawer will not open … read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
I have a GE refrigerator with a bottom freezer. the freezer
I have a GE refrigerator with a bottom freezer. the freezer won't open. It has been unplugged for 3 days now... … read more
Austin
Austin
I have a refrigidaire professional that has bottom pull out
I have a refrigidaire professional that has bottom pull out freezer with an ice maker. Its stuck and wont open except maybe an inch on the right side. Which is opposite side where the icemaker is loca… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
We have IKEA's Nutid frenchdoor fridge with drawer freezer
Hi John, we have IKEA's Nutid frenchdoor fridge with drawer freezer sliding out at the bottom. It's part of our two years ago refurbished IKEA kitchen. We are very happy so far with everything, but no… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a bottom freezer whirlpool. For a day or two the
We have a bottom freezer whirlpool. For a day or two the freezer door won't open all the way, really just about 6 inches. The door had been left slightly open overnight, and the icecubes melted. We th… read more
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
I have a maytag frige/ bottom drawer freezer and the freezer
I have a maytag frige/ bottom drawer freezer and the freezer is stuck shut. No idea how it happened but it's like it's bolted shut and won't budge at all.Any ideas?… read more
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator that has the
I have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator that has the freezer on the bottom. For some reason I cannot open the freezer. It appears to be locked. How can I get it open?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My bottom-mount Maytag freezer door is stuck & won't open.
My bottom-mount Maytag freezer door is stuck & won't open. How do I take off the front freezer door to see what the problem is.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a 25 cu. ft. Maytag Fridge model number 12569YEMO. side
I have a 25 cu. ft. Maytag Fridge model number 12569YEMO. side by side doors with freezer on the bottom. The unit is about 2 years old. My problem is that periodically the bottom corners of the freeze… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
We have a Whirlpool Gold and cannot open the freezer door.
We have a Whirlpool Gold and cannot open the freezer door. It has a lower freezer drawer with side by side doors on the top. We thought it might be frozen or something was stuck but cannot see how to … read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
The rails on the right hand side of the freezer freeze, not
The rails on the right hand side of the freezer freeze, not allowing me to open the drawer of my sub zero 550 refrigerator. The ice maker no longer works and is on the left side of the freezer. I turn… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
HI, I have an 2 year old lower drawer freezer with split upper
HI, I have an 2 year old lower drawer freezer with split upper door refrigerator. it has quit cooling and immediately when it did so the lower drawer to the freezer locked on theleft hand side and we … read more
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
TECHNICIAN,
Stop searching for answers—
we have an older model sub zero (approx 9yrs old) 2 drawer
we have an older model sub zero (approx 9yrs old) 2 drawer refer on top, meat, and veg units below..... Lower unit door was left open over night and now it seems not able to cool below 58. Upper unit … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a LG Model # LFX21971 or #LFX25971 fridge, with two
We have a LG Model # XXXXX or #LFX25971 fridge, with two upper fridge doors, and one large lower freezer drawer. We have puddles of water on floor at each of the corners of thr freezer drawer, each mo… read more
Robert
Robert
Owner/Lead Technician,
Our GE fridge water to the door keeps freezing. We open the
Our GE fridge water to the door keeps freezing. We open the freezer door for 1/2 hour and then it works again for a day or two then freezes again. Any ideas what I can do?… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
I have a GEZ1CS360NMCL Monogram refrigerator and the botton
I have a GEZ1CS360NMCL Monogram refrigerator and the botton freezer door won't open. I tried unplugging and replugging and resetting the water filteration -I cleaned out the ice bin over the weekend a… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
i have an LG refrigerator with the pull out bottom drawer freezer.
i have an LG refrigerator with the pull out bottom drawer freezer. The freezer is stuck and won't open. Any suggestions?… read more
Francis
Francis
shop owner,
I have a Kenmore bottom drawer chest freezer. The bottom drawer
I have a Kenmore bottom drawer chest freezer. The bottom drawer does not open. I unplugged it to see if it was because of ice built up but still doesn't open. What can I do? Thank you.… read more
Tech/owner,