I have a gas stove a bought 10 years ago. It just started…

I have a gas...

I have a gas stove a bought 10 years ago. It just started giving problems in the oven. The broiler comes on, however not the ove...

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Would the... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Would the model number be in the oven door on the side?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know of

3/2/2017
Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Since your oven still works on broil, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter that should fit your range. You'll want to remove the floor and make sure it looks the same but igniters are very universal and it costs about $40.

CLICK HERE for igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My stove is 10 years old. It is a gas stove. The oven will
My stove is 10 years old. It is a gas stove. The oven will not light, nor will the broiler. Should I repair or replace? … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a GE gas stove, model XL 44. When I set the stove to
I have a GE gas stove, model XL 44. When I set the stove to 375 Bake, it does not heat up. However the broiler works.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Frigidaire Gallery Gas Stove/Oven Model: FGF379WECN SERIAL:
Frigidaire Gallery Gas Stove/Oven Model: FGF379WECN SERIAL: VF83609995 The gas broiler in the oven has two settings, high and low. In both settings is is not fully coming on - the whole broiler bar li… read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Stop searching for answers—
I am trying to identify our gas Glenwood Stove model - could
I am trying to identify our gas Glenwood Stove model - could not find any labels. It was purchased in 1993, 3 feet wide, with four burners and a griddle. Two years ago I bought a knob PS1757338 Now, w… read more
Michael
Michael
Appliance Repair Technician,
I have bought a gas stove about a year and half ago from Sears,
I have bought a gas stove about a year and half ago from Sears, it is a kenmore, the burners work, the broiler work but the oven part is not. I have the id and serial # XXXXX the stove. It is part of … read more
Jon
Jon
Owner/President,
I have a 1989 Viking VGR36-6B range using natural gas. The
I have a 1989 Viking VGR36-6B range using natural gas. The range has worked well for the last 22 years except for the occasional need to replace an ignitor. Now when using the infrared broiler the ign… read more
Repairman1981
Repairman1981
Appliance Repair Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a kitchen aid stove model #KGST307HWH4 bought about
I have a kitchen aid stove model #KGST307HWH4 bought about 10 years ago. The oven and broiler don't work but the stove top does. I checked the voltage on both ignitor lines coming out of the valve and… read more
Randy
Randy
Broiler and burners work but the oven will not turn on. lights
Broiler and burners work but the oven will not turn on. lights come on as if it will heat up but it wont heat up a week or so ago for first time in a number of years neither broiler not oven worked an… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
I have a 4 year old GE gas stove. I tried to start the oven
I have a 4 year old GE gas stove. I tried to start the oven last night and it would not start. All the burners light and the broiler light, but not the oven. Any ideas that might help?… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
I have a Whirlpool Accubake. Gas stove burners ignite, but
I have a Whirlpool Accubake. Gas stove burners ignite, but oven does not light. I can hear gas but does not light. Or it will light and then go out after a while. Broiler does light. any ideas?… read more
Tech/owner,
I had a lp gas line installed to my house so I could use my
I had a lp gas line installed to my house so I could use my stove with LP gas. I want to know why the burners flame and the oven flame seem to burn higher than natural gas. Also everytime you cook, yo… read more
Owner,
I have an old Kenmore stove that came with the house I bought.
I have an old Kenmore stove that came with the house I bought. Right now I don't have the $$ to replace it or pay someone to come fix it. The issue is when I turn the oven on no matter what setting I … read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
Stop searching for answers—
I have a wonderful Kenmore Elite electric stove with a glass
I have a wonderful Kenmore Elite electric stove with a glass top and a convection oven and I bought it in 2001, the oven just stopped working, it seems to be the right hand side of the touch pad contr… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My question details wont go into this space provided.. Pls
My question details won't go into this space provided.. Pls send me an email address i can sent my concerns & questions to... whirlpool stove model rf385pxe thx, jim… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
My Dacor electric oven will not heat. Glow plug turns on,
My Dacor electric oven will not heat. Glow plug turns on, but that's it. I used to get it to start by turning on the back gas burner on the stove top - that trick doesn't work since yesterday.… read more
steve
steve
Appliance Repair Tech,
15 yrs exp in industry
15year old gas stove. Oven not heating. All 4 burners are operational.
15year old gas stove. Oven not heating. All 4 burners are operational. Oven is a GEXL44. The last time we used the oven was about a week ago.… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
Oven wont light. Glow plug is on. Broiler lights right away
Oven won't light. Glow plug is on. Broiler lights right away and top burners work just fine. Unit is 10+ years old.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a Roper Oven Unit Model Looks like an B875881SN 8ND1072
We have a Roper Oven Unit Model Looks like an B875881SN 8ND1072 The Oven heats to 150 Degrees & Shuts Down .It will not go above 150 Degrees as read by an oven Thermometer the Ove light electronics fl… read more
Home Appliance Technician,