My Whirlpool WFS1072AW 6 SENSE front loader machine does not…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool WFS1072AW...

My Whirlpool WFS1072AW 6 SENSE front loader machine does not have any display light and does not work when dial turnrd or buttons pushed.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The above info is the... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The above info is the only thing i can see on the machine i think it is about 8 to 9 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know maybe my sons could do it one is an mechanic is it complicated ?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It did make a load noise when it was washing the other day but worked ok after that

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
my phone number does not seem to work could you just email
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 2 years ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like you may have a problem with the control board going bad. Give me just a moment to pull up your parts list and I will be right with you.

So this is the part you would need to purchase to at least give you an idea of cost and whats being replaced.

http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=64716_64763_80790&products_id=1649617

Sadly they do not have this part available with this company any longer. You can try checking ebay or possibly appliance stores in your area for this part though.(###) ###-####that is the part number for what you will need.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system here. I am only compensated for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this evening. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My Washing Machine's Dial to start a load of clothes is out
My Washing Machine's Dial to start a load of clothes is out of sync. It starts agitating really hard with just a sprinkle of water. The last spin ends up with spraying water and shuts down with water … read more
Appliance Technician,
I was washing doggy bedding when machine began to make loud
I was washing doggy bedding when machine began to make loud scratching noises. When I stopped it, the washer was filled up with dirty water. I took out the doggy bedding and set it aside. The machine … read more
Mark M
Mark M
Appliance Repair Technician / Handyman,
Bachelors
I have a 12 yr old Maytag washing machine, large tub, that
I have a 12 yr old Maytag washing machine, large tub, that stopped in the middle of a cycle. I have pushed in the dial and turned it to another cycle but it is dead. I get nothing. I do not know the m… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
Stop searching for answers—
The Whirlpool duet washer does not sense load in washer. The
The Whirlpool duet washer does not sense load in washer. The door locks when start button is selected but does not light nor turn the washer drum nor unlock nor relook the washer door.… read more
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
President,
Our machine is 3 yrs old and lock button is blinking and not
Our machine is 3 yrs old and lock button is blinking and not staying on … read more
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd
Owner/Partner,
Lecturer in Theatre Design Studies (BA Hons)
Dryer will notturn off when power button is pushed,just
dryer will notturn off when power button is pushed,just keeps on running,and there is no heat. it is a whirlpool duet. … read more
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
How can I get a Cabrio Washer lid to unlock? It was on the
How can I get a Cabrio Washer lid to unlock? It was on the "drain and spin" cycle. Unplugging the machine did not unlock it. The red lid lock light is flashing. … read more
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
President,
My washer is about 7 yrs old. It is a 2.2 front load. when
My washer is about 7 yrs old. It is a 2.2 front load. when it spinning the sound is very loud. Probably from use and over loading. No t me but other individuals using it. Do you think it is the bearin… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
It is a whirlpool washer. WTW5500XW2. It makes loud noise
It makes loud noise like gears grinding right before going into spin cycle… read more
Appliance Technician,
I have a whirlpool cabrio 6th sense technology washer and it
I have a whirlpool cabrio 6th sense technology washer and it will not complete the final spin (it works fine until the end). It gets stuck at 12 minutes and indicates the load is unbalanced. When you … read more
Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Appliance Repair Expert,
I have an Kenmore Elite Microwave (5 yrs old). It nows says
I have an Kenmore Elite Microwave (5 yrs old). It nows says locked every time I attempt to do anything with it. How do I unlock it?… read more
Appliance Technician,
I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care 2 top load washing machine,
I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care 2 top load washing machine, model # XXXXX It just started making this load noise during drain and spin at first, then during agitate also. All the cycles run through n… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I just purchased a Whirlpool top loading washing machine (model
I just purchased a Whirlpool top loading washing machine (model WTW4800XQ2) (serial no. C20821761). I'm used to the older fashioned agitator type of machine. When this one is on the wash cycle, it mak… read more
Randy 43
Randy 43
appliance technician,
My Whirlpool Ultimate Care II top-load washer doesnt spin.
My Whirlpool Ultimate Care II top-load washer doesn't spin. When the problem first started, I could give the drum a little hand start, and it would complete. Initial problem was with big, heavier load… read more
RUSS
RUSS
Whirlpool 3561 F/L washing machine wont start as Door Locked
Whirlpool 3561 F/L washing machine won't start as 'Door Locked" light will not come on????… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
i have a whirlpool washing machine with autoload sensing Model
i have a whirlpool washing machine with autoload sensing Model wtw57esvw1. when u have it loaded and ready to go u close the lid and it starts agitating before any water starts the machine has been in… read more
Justin
Justin
Appliance tech and Business owner,
Our Maytag washer of 4 yrs broke. We are looking form a replacement
Our Maytag washer of 4 yrs broke. We are looking form a replacement washer. Not sure whether to go front or top load. very frustrated. Sales people are not much help as they want to make a commission.… read more
Tech/owner,
I bought a new speed queen front loader (and dryer) on February
I bought a new speed queen front loader (and dryer) on February 1, 2010. I also purchased pedistals for both. I have done less than 100 loads since then. I love the dryer, it is fast and works fine. I… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech