Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a range....rf388lxkt ....that the boiler want heat…

I have a range....rf388lxkt ....that...
I have a range....rf388lxkt ....that the boiler want heat but shows it is on then sometimes it shows it heating and it does work...it has stuck on even when you shut it off but only done that 1 or 2 times...everything else works just fine...can you help
1/13/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only thing that can cause the broiler to stick on would be a relay on the main control board that is welding shut or closed. As for the broiler not heat, that could be caused by the same relay or a bad broil element. Any fuses or thermostats that fail would stop both bake and broil so if bake still works then you either have a bad broil element or a bad control board. Most likely the issue is the control board since you also have the sticking issue going on which is definitely the board. Still, you can test the broil element for continuity if you remove it from the oven. Be sure to unplug the oven or flip the breaker off first and if the element has no continuity through it, then you need to replace the element. If it does have continuity through it then you need to replace the display control board. If you don't have a multimeter to test continuity, you can bring your broil element into an appliance parts store and they will test it for you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you help me to locate the board?
Unfortunately it appears the board is no longer made so if you wanted to fix your appliance and not replace it, you'd need to send the board into a place like appliancetimers.com who can refurbish your board in about 2 weeks or so for about $150-200
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok...thanks Tyler