Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Miele G4225 2013, that is having recurring F11

Customer Question

I have a Miele G4225 2013, that is having recurring F11 during cycle. Removing the non return valve does not identify any blockage or clogs. I suspect previous damage to the drain pump propeller non-return valve housing due to glass? Looking for advice in troubleshooting
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: as indicated in my first message
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to (I installed it and am quite handy)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

If the glass chewed up the housing inside it will often display that code. I would replace the pump as that happens a lot. The pumps are pretty weak and any chewed up spots will grind the impeller and housing down enough so they can not push water.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it possible to replace just the impeller? Can you identify steps in pump replacement?

It is only sold as the pump assembly. I can link you a service manual for the details on changing it if you want. You just have to agree to the service manual offer.