Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Turn on rear electric element and it sparks. element does

turn on rear electric element and it sparks. element does work when installed in other burner. model jbso3h2ct
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: how can i tell
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thank you

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Where was the sparking located ? if it was under the cooktop where the burner plugs into the receptacle then you need to replace. a part let me know so I can better assist you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it the part that u plug the element into?

yes the receptacle is the plug that you plug the burner into!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will order it and let u know. Thank you

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Element-Receptacle-And-Wire-Kit/WB2X8228/250535?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still waiting on part to install before I do survey

Ok the rating has nothing to do with the repair or installing of the part your rating my answer , Hence the name of the web site Just Answer!!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.