ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Older Dacor PCS 230B wall oven wont heat up. House was cold

Customer Question

Older Dacor PCS 230B wall oven wont heat up. House was cold yesterday and we used the oven to warm up the kitchen. Now the oven wont heat up to bake a cake. Turned the electric breaker off but no change.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dacor PCS 230B over 10 years old I guess.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Would love to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If the fix doesn't work my wife of 50 years will kill me!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Remove the plate that is above the latch lock hook on the top of the oven cavity. It has slots cut in it. Back by the latch motor you should see a thermostat with a little button on the top of it. Take a something non conductive like a wood stick and push the button down if it is popped up. Or turn off power and use a screw driver to push it down.

click here for picture

.

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Don,I am not blaming you, but I am disappointed with JA promising a response within a half hour on 1/10 and taking my money without leaving me a way to contact them. I had no idea when to expect a response. I needed a response quickly. That same evening my wife found the answer on YouTube "remove the grill and press the red reset button". I did and it worked. Four days later you provide the same answer. I am pissed

I am glad you got it fixed. I am a freelance technician and answer questions for JA.

They sent me an email to follow up on some old questions that were not answered.

So just ignore any future emails and please do not rate my answer and it just reflects poorly on me. I provided the correct answer, but I had no way of knowing you got it fixed.

Usually we are fighting over answering questions, so I do not know why you had to wait.

But accept my apology for the snafu bu JA

Don