Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool gs6shaxmb00. The light in the fridge side

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gs6shaxmb00. The light in the fridge side went out - a replacement bulb did not fix the problem. Also, I noticed that the LED that shows a number for the fridge's temp setting is blank - while the freezer LED is still showing a number.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The MFG date is 01/04. The model is GS6SHAXMB00.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The issue you are having is quite common and will require replacing the main electronic control in the back of the refrigerator, down by the compressor. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 18 is the control you will need to replace. It is mounted down by the compressor and accessed from the back of the refrigerator.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

I have looked at several retailers and they are all showing as factory backordered.....

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you - bad news about the lack of availability of the part, but thank you for the quick diagnosis.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

I agree, they have redesigned that control on several other models. That may be in the works for this one, too. However, nothing is present on the Whirlpool tech site regarding that yet.