Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

New GE refrigerat-freez ice dispenser in door. Water line

Customer Question

New GE refrigerat-freez ice dispenser in door. Water line not hooked up yet. Don't know how to shut off ice maker-dispenser.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: New today.GFE24JSKSS GE French Door, 33" wide
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, but don't want water thingy damaged while waiting for plumber.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There in a control panel on outside f door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So there are 2 things you can do to stop the icemaker from cycling if you don't have the water connected. The icemaker is mounted above the ice bucket on the door so if you just flip the switch on the head of the icemaker to the off position, the icemaker will not make ice. If you can't locate the on/off switch on the icemaker, the other thing you can do is remove the ice bucket. The unit will detect that the bucket is not installed and it will not cycle the icemaker.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.