Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Took my dishwasher out to redo cabinets, when I put it back

Customer Question

Took my dishwasher out to redo cabinets, when I put it back in I cannot start it . It does not. Even light up the panel
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Wdf520padw3, whirlpool, and no test
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on the difficulty
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only 14 months old. And worked fine before I took it out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So there are no fuses or cut outs on this dishwasher that can stop it from at least illuminating and turning on. You'll need to make sure you have 110 volts going to the dishwasher from your house if you have a multimeter. Make sure the connections at the junction block where the power cord connects to the dishwasher is secure and you have 110 volts getting to the dishwasher. If that all checks good, your control board has failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part if you needed to order it.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wow, what repair advice! R there no restart codes on this model
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

There are no restarts, resets, or refuses I'm sorry to say. I know you were hoping for something simpler but there just isn't anything outside of what I have already said if the control panel won't even light up.