Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Black Maytag refrigerator/freezer Mod: MSD2572VE,

Customer Question

I have a Black Maytag refrigerator/freezer Mod: MSD2572VE , Ser : HRO1862754.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sorry my message took off before I was finished, it look like date of fab is 05-10. it works great when it is on but it turns itself off regularly. A Sers technician came and told me that it is one of the computers and that it is not available anymore
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I just would love to have it fixed and should have gone with Maytag in the first place but when i put Maytag Sears came up and i did not react well enough!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, can you tell me if it is true that the defective computer for that refrigerator is no longer available or if Maytag can garantie me a solution if I pay for a technician visit ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So the control board is still available if you wanted to replace the board even though it's not made. The location of the board is up inside the control panel just below the ceiling of the refrigerator section on the far right side. The part is about $150 if you wanted to order it. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Tyler, do we have to be a genius to replace this ourselves or is it safe to order it and do it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

If you're handy you can replace it yourself. The only difficult part is figuring out how to get inside the control panel. To do that, pull the knobs off the front of the control panel and use a butter knife to pry the front face off. That will expose a couple screws holding the control panel onto the ceiling. Remove these screws and remove the screws going up into the ceiling behind the control panel and the control panel will pull down and off so you can swap out the board.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?