Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Ihave a Model # MDBA4949SDH2 dish washer that I purchased on

Customer Question

Ihave a Model # MDBA4949SDH2 dish washer that I purchased on 8/28/15.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: I have a leak on the bottom left hand side of the door - can you tell me how to find the problem?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to because I hink that the hourly rate is about $90/hr.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing that I know of
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The make is Maytag model # MDBA4949SDH2
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I thought this was a Maytag website
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

No this site is not in any affiliated with Maytag/Whirlpool, It is just a site that gives you technical support from appliance experts to help you get the information you need to make your own repairs and there is a charge for the service, would you like me to continue to help you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is the charge - I have already paid $23

That is the fee so you have paid in full unless you want a phone call which is 24.00 more. So if you want me to call still let me know otherwise I am getting your answer ready by text, give me just a moment, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You mean $24 more?

Is the unit leaking from the bottom of the door or is the water coming from underneath the unit and ya its 24.00 more on top of what you have paid for the phone call.

I can give you the answer here if you do not want me to call and there will be any more charges. It is just extra for the phone call.

There will not be any more charges unless you want me to call is what I am saying otherwise you have already paid and I will give you the answer here in text instead of calling. Up to you, but I still need to know if the dishwasher is leaking from the bottom of the door or from underneath?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just want to know what you suggest
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not want to talk on the phone

sure no problem give me just a moment getting you the information now, thanks.

If it is leaking from the bottom of the door, the door gasket needs to be replaced. There are two seals the tub seal and the door seal, but in most cases a leak at the bottom of the door is caused by a bad door seal. Both are listed below you can change both if you want but most likely just the door seal needs to be replaced.

Dishwasher Door Seal

Part #: W10300924 - click here

Dishwasher Tub Gasket

Part #: W10864081 - click here

Here is a video that shows how to replace the door gasket, the model in the video is a kitchen aid model and is made by whirlpool, your maytag is also made by whirlpool so it is the same gasket and replacement procedure for yours as well - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?