John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The montague is a oven, flat top and two side burners. the

Customer Question

hello, the montague is a oven, flat cook top and two side burners. the pilot lights stay lit for cook top but the pilot will not stay lit for the oven. when I turn the valve to turn the burners on there is no gas flow. the gas tube has plenty of gas flow to valve. any thoughts? any input is greatly appreciated
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is an older model. I can no longer read the information tag. it is a montague unit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. I am a general contractor. I do a lot of furnace and air conditioning work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the gas supply has plenty of flow to the valve. it appears to be a very simple valve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

I meed a little clarification on what is going on.

Is the oven pilot staying lit, and then going out when you turn on a burner(s)?

You say plenty of gas supply to the valve. What valve?