John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a magic chef stove and replaced a burner switch a few

Customer Question

I have a magic chef stove and replaced a burner switch a few months ago and last night my stove does not work at all. I tried breaker and it wasn't tripped. Was wondering does stove have a reset on it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Magic Chef is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1987 model #55ea 2cw
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: only this model is a direct wired appliance and not a plug in
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

No there is not a reset, the only thing you can do to reset it is kill power to it at the breaker for a few minutes restore power and see if the stove has power after that, other than that it is going to be a component failure of some sort, does anything at all work on the stove? The top or oven? Also that is not a good model number could you find the serial tag on the stove and give me the full model number listed on the serial tag, its usually located behind the door on the oven frame, or if it has a storage drawer at the bottom pull the drawer out and look for a tag behind that drawer that has the model and serial number listed on it, thanks. Answer those few questions and I can help you further.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
12c710839318

sorry that is not the model number, the model number will be on a tag on the stove and it will say model num:xxxxxx

and serial num xxxxxx

it will not be some random stamped number on the stove by itself.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That is the serial # and model is 55ea 2cw

ok sorry I can't find any information on that unit then I will opt out so a different expert can help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing works . That is ok I am just gg to buy a new stove as this one is 30 years old...thank you