How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 81253
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would you happen to know if I could get a tech sheet for the

Customer Question

Hello, would you happen to know if I could get a tech sheet for the kenmore elite he 4t washer?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: im trying to figure out the easiest way to check the hose for a clog that runs from the dispenser box to the tub
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

The tech sheet doesn't show anything about the hose between the tub and dispenser. To check for a blockage, you just have to remove the hose. There is a clamp holding the hose to the dispenser itself which you'll need to remove by loosening the clamp. Then you just pull the hose off and do the same for the tub to check for a blockage in the hose. To access the hose, just remove the top panel. There are 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Pull the washer forward, remove the screws, and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you have access to the hose through the top of the washer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I took the top panel off but the hose that I'm speaking of runs from the bottom of the dispense box housing in to the tub. I did unscrew all accessible screws but there is one more which is behind the front electronic panel. I guess I will have to take that off but not sure how
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

No, it's just tight, that's all the room you get. I understand the hose is below the dispenser box but you can still reach under the box and unscrew the clamp, you just can't see what you're doing---that is how it's intended to be worked on. No one said it was easy working in tight areas.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Great, thank you. I will try
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

No problem, good luck.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?